Wednesday, October 26, 2005

But i continue learning




Another day spent chasing away the wretched flies but i'm now sitting at my desk in my lovely not-so-little room with an apple strudel with vanilla ice-cream and milo next to me. I thought i'd put up another picture that makes me smile (and not just because we all look quite beautiful). This one is of my two favourite girls, Sarah and Ingrid, and me at Narabeen, which is one of the Northern Beaches in Sydney. These girls are planning my birthday celebration for me and all i have to do is decide who i want at the celebration and then turn up. Bliss.
I cannot believe that i've made friends since i arrived in Sydney eight (has it only been eight?) months ago. Part of the reason leaving was so difficult was because i was sure i would spend months sitting in front of the televsion, eating biscuits and weeping from loneliness that has always threatened to steal a piece of my heart.
How grateful am i for all that didn't happen.

Ingrid and I met up for a soy mocha this evening and the day got a whole lot brighter simply by being in her presence and soaking in her wisdom. I'm so glad she's in my life and i'm in hers. Friends, good friends, make a place
H O M E
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home