Thursday, November 17, 2005

Just hear those sleigh bells jingle-ing ring ting tingle-ing too



And so it has come. The long awaited for Christmas drinks from Starbucks. I can't even begin to explain how these red cups make me feel. Last night, i ordered a grande peppermint mocha and walked to the bus stop in the cold. I am loving the spring weather, which is filled with much blue sky and sunshine but also sudden bouts of rain and winds that threaten to carry you away. I like going to the beach wearing my yellow tube and eating some gelato but i also love sitting down in a cafe drinking a bowl of chai latte, people-watching and waiting for the rain to stop...and walking to the bus stop with a peppermint mocha in hand. I've always thought of myself as a Spring baby and in Australia, i truly am one as my birthday falls in November. I had a fantastic weekend that was spent with people i adore and i am truly relishing every single moment of everyday. This weekend holds so much promise and excitement as my flatmate, Lisa, and i are both celebrating our birthdays. On Saturday night, we're going out for baked pumpkin for Lisa's celebration and on Sunday morning, my friends are organizing a brunch for me at the beach. I will wear my new white wraparound dress, white sandals, turquoise beads around my neck and yellow flower in my hair. On Monday, Lisa's having her birthday celebration no.2 on my actual birth date. It's funny.

Next week, i will have the gingerbread latte. And then, the creme brulee latte. And then we will have our tree up with pretty fairy lights and ornaments. And then i will leave. And then i will return.

It's Christmastime and i'm listening to my dearest Clay, whom i've sadly abandoned since coming to Australia, sing Christmas carols. The sun is shining outside and we're having lemon butter asparagas pasta for dinner. I've completed my assignment and i can actually take some time out to read a magazine now. I have crisp white linen on my bed and i just received a birthday card from my family.
It's all good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home