Saturday, December 10, 2005

I'm waiting for tonight, then waiting for tomorrow




It's been a good Saturday. I went to bed at 2:30 on Saturday morning, after attending an ice-cream party. I had a couple of scoops of Kahlua, Mango Sorbet, Turkish Delight, Black Sesame, Dulche something-or-another and Death by Chocolate. I volunteered to be the ice-cream scooper, which worked out rather nicely. My competitive side, dormant for so long, emerged when the board games came out.

I came home with some Mango Sorbet in hand.

The first part of Saturday was spent dancing and being silly with kids in the neighbourhood, as well as meeting some really cool people from church who have been working with these kids for a long time. I can't even begin to describe what working with kids does to and for me. I want to hold them and love them so much. It makes me want to weep sometimes. When we were all in the bus and the leaders got everyone singing Awesome God at the top of their lungs, my heart leapt for joy. Imagine a bus full of kids singing about the awesomeness of God.

We had yummy kiddy pasta for lunch and then my flatmate Lisa surprised me with a visit when i was working with the kids! It was lovely. We made our way to Bondi beach so i could visit my favorite bookstore cafe, Gertrude & Alice, one last time before i leave for Singapore for 5 weeks on Friday. I wrote three poems. And i had a soy cappuccino. Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah was playing, and then Radiohead's No surprises. It was a good moment.

Now, we're off to watch the boy-who-warmed-my-hands perform with his rock band. And i'm feeling weepy, yet again, because i know Lisa is tired but she's still accompanying me to see the boy. I love her muchly.

[And now we're back. Boy was singing Lifehouse when we arrived. It figures.]

If i close my eyes, i'm walking by the river again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

Thank you so much for your comment. It is so good to hear that from a fellow sister in Christ! I took your suggestion and God is amazing, so things have been getting better. He really is working in my life and I guess it's just hard for me to see that sometimes. It's just been a rough semester and God is forcing me to grow up in seemingly the hardest ways possible. But as I become more steadfast in prayer, God gives me so much peace about things that I can't control. I know all I need to do is put all of my faith in Him! Genevieve, I just want to tell you that you really are a beautiful woman of God-from what I read of your blog it sounds like you are growing in the Lord so much and really coming to love and accept yourself. You really are an inspiration to me and I admire your strength and courage. And you're right! We don't need men to feel good enough. I really think we have to truly love God and ourselves in Him first before He will bless us with the one He made for us. So I guess I'll be working on that huh! The walk with God is a wonderful journey. I'll be praying for you Genevieve, and thanks again.

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home