Monday, July 16, 2007

underneath


I have two vases of beautifully fragranced jonquils sitting on my desk and bedside table, courtesy of Jon. Such a sweet scent. I cannot wait until the time i walk past the house on Bourke St and can smell the jasmine on the fence, all blooming in spring.

Speaking of Bourke St, Lisa and i went to Bourke St Bakery in Surry Hills for breakfast today. I had a pear danish which was so delicious and a great coffee. I buy bread from them fairly regularly but have never tried their pastries. I usually have cereal for breakfast (fills me up and i can avoid the urge for a mid-morning snack) but i could easily get used to pastries, although i'm wondering if they would be better in the afternoon sitting on the balcony (obviously not in winter), together with a girlfriend and some English breakfast tea. [As an aside, I'm having a tea party with the girls the week of the wedding since i am not a drink-and-be-merry sort of person and would rather not be dressed in a veil and tiara whilst club-hopping in the city. I'm much more suited for a fairly harmless (one can hope) tea party filled with scones, quiches, cakes, biscuits and a variety of tea. My idea of a good time. ]

Right now, i'm sitting in my pink bathrobe with freshly washed hair and feeling rather chilled out. Just the right time for an afternoon snack of some fruit (believe me, if i had a biscuit or pastry or cake or anything remotely tea-like, i would be having that now but alas, only healthy food reside in my house). Am cooking a Thai chicken salad for dinner, having decided to experiment with my newly borrowed Marie Claire cookbooks from the library. Alas, in between paying for my groceries and transporting them to the car, i must have lost my single stalk of lemongrass- a necessary ingredient for tonight's salad. Being the person i am, i agonised over it for at least 45 minutes before deciding to pick Jon up from the train station and then heading over to the supermarket for a quick stopover ( i couldn't justify driving just for some lemongrass but picking up my boy on the way makes it all better.).

Right then. Must work.

1 Comments:

Blogger moonrat said...

bachelorette tea party sounds AWESOME. you must have cucumber and butter sandwiches.

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home