Thursday, June 21, 2007

After the rainstorm came sanctuary


This must be love- a man who sits on your bed and waits for you to fall asleep before he leaves to go home. The same man who carries you from the couch to the room just because you ask him to and doesn't think twice about it. The same man who buys you a sunflower becaue "You're my sunflower." The one who warms your socks by the heater before putting it on your cold feet. The one who watches 'Anne of Green Gables' with you in the afternoon, after he's made you a perfect cup of English breakfast tea. The one who holds you when you think you cannot possibly live another day.

This must be love- the God who watches over you as you sleep at night. The same God who made sunflowers and peonies for your pleasure. The same God who knew my name even before i was born. The One who loves me even when i fail (and fail again). The One with the still small voice who whispers to me that everything will be ok. The One who will rejoice with me on the day i marry the man i love. The One who makes two white plastic bags come together to form a love heart just as i look out of my window ( see above picture) after a rainstorm.

Some days, it is only love that gets me through.

1 Comments:

Blogger aunty_yip said...

You are definitely blessed my dear. Happy for you :)

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home