Saturday, May 19, 2007

Two weeks before winter



We've had a fairly mild autumn thus far. The nights are chilly but nothing a jumper, a throw and some mint hot chocolate can't make comfortable. What will winter (in 2 weeks!) bring?

Today was beautiful. Autumn leaves everywhere and blue skies with little tufts of white cloud everywhere. We went to Rushcutters Bay for a walk and had breakfast at the only cafe there. I had some organic muesli with yoghurt and a soy cappucino, which were both yummy. We were the only childless patrons there, which was quite interesting to observe.

I've just asked my friend (and Jon's flatmate) to do the decorations for our wedding and feel like a burden's been lifted. I've been trying to figure out how to decorate the garden and reception venue and not flout council rules. Now, Gareth can figure this out. He's an architect so i'm sure he'll be much better at this than i could ever be.


I am counting down the days till our wedding. When will it come?? I'm so tired of having Jon leave every night after he tucks me in. I mean, i love him and want very much for us to be physically intimate with each other. But we've both made a decision to abstain from sex before the wedding- one of the best decisions i've ever made. I must say it's not an easy decision but i truly believe it is the right one. The wedding night is going to be that much special because of it. For now, i'm satisfied with kisses and cuddles.

So, things are coming along nicely. I have been praying heaps and praying differently and can see results, which is always nice. The best answered prayer was Jon's new job, which he got yesterday! He's going to be a computer games programmer now, which he is so excited about, which makes me very happy. I like seeing my boy happy and confident. My thesis is slowly being written. I'm not sure what will happen next year and whether i will switch to part-time so i can work some extra hours but i dont' want to worry about that now.

I'm off to watch Sleepless in Seattle with Jon. We've both seen it a couple of times (well, at least i have) but have never seen it together, which i think is a situation that needs to be remedied immediately. So some pasta, red wine and a movie with the love of my life is on the cards for tonight. Life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home