Monday, April 23, 2007

The drawing board



Outside, the rain is falling. The window to the right my study is open so i can feel the cool wind and hear the rain falling heavily to the ground below. Wet leaves cling themselves to my window and droplets of water roll down. I am inside working on my thesis. Yet another lit review. However, i have a few things for company that make this job a little easier- my cup of tea, the vase of pink roses bought by Jon and my throw that keeps me warm. I am loving my study after having transformed it into a space that is me. Over the weekend, i cleared all the papers on the floor and then decided to tackle my closet. I hung my coats up, rolled up the dresses and tank tops in a suitcase and stuffed it under my bed, out of sight. I colour coded my t-shirts. I loved the weekend that just passed- Friday night swim, listening to the Amelie soundtrack, Saturday morning walk to Bourke St Bakery to buy some hazelnut and raisin sourdough bread, a stop at Zoe's on the way back for some soy cappucino (me) and rockmelon, watermelon and pineapple juice (Jon), great conversation over these drinks, a meeting with my wedding photographer, a drive to my wedding venue, stepping on piles and piles of fallen autumn leaves, a trip to Pho for some beef noodles and some snuggling, Sunday morning walk at Centennial Park, watching the ducks, church to see Aliyah dedicated, and then some glorious alone time to read and have tea, vegetarian nachos for dinner. I feel rejuvenated and ready to face this week. Reading and writing from 9-5 each day to produce 4000 words a week. Driving along a street with brown and red leaves, the rain which calls for a simple, warming dinner- penne with roasted eggplant and tomatoes in a tomato based sauce with some olives and herbs if i can find some. A trip to see a friend. A holiday on Wednesday. Dreaming more visually about the future. Shorter and shorter days. A simpler life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home