Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Almost there


Just three more days before it's officially spring but already, the weather has been absolutely spring-like. Beautiful sunny days, interspersed with fresh breezes. Flowering trees. So much green.

In embracing the season, I have decided to nurture my body, soul and spirit. I have been doing long walks in the morning and then opening all the doors and windows when i get back home to let in the sunshine. The simple act of opening makes me feel better- no more shutting out but letting in- letting in the good, the lovely. I put on some jazz and sit down to a leisurely breakfast whilst spending time with God- swiss muesli with strawberries and soy milk or wholegrain toast with butter and honey and some English breakfast tea. And then i read blogs and start on my work, taking a break if i need it. A freshly squeezed fruit juice in the afternoon completes the routine. And for dinner, no more heavy stews. Instead, an Indian curry pilaf, a potato and sausage salad, fish and steamed vegetables.

I feel more alive now, letting go of the past that used to haunt me everyday and running towards the future, embracing it and letting the goodness seep into my skin.

1 Comments:

Blogger lisa said...

Hi! I've been enjoying your blog for awhile and thought it was time to leave a comment!

It's getting toward autumn here - not quite yet, but just a hint of it in the evening and around the edges of the leaves.

I love how your blog talks about letting go of the past and starting fresh in the spring. Wishing you all the best!

Lisa (in Michigan, USA)

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home