Thursday, August 23, 2007

Glad i've waited for so long


I walk past this jasmine bush all the time. In the last two weeks, i've been scrutinising it every time i walk by to see if the flowers have bloomed. Today, i wasn't disappointed. There it was- one little white flower. I was so tempted to pluck it but i resisted, not wanting to spoil the joy of any other spring lover who may have been waiting for this bush to be in full bloom.

Life has been good. Really busy but i'm enjoying it. I had my first dress fitting on Monday and it was nice to see my dress again. I had completely forgotten what it looked like on me. I had brought my shoes with me (they match!) and when i was told by the seamstress to hold my chin up and walk, i felt absolutely regal. The only alteration to be made is to shorten the length of the dress by an inch or so. Everything else fits like a glove.

I have my make up trial next Saturday and then a pre-wedding shoot with our photographer at Bronte. We also have two weddings to attend in the next 3 weeks. Tomorrow, we fly to Townsville for Jon's sister, Felicity's, wedding. Then comes the hair trial two weeks after, which is when i assume all the madness will begin- seating plans, place cards, flowers (which we have planted- white daisies! My favourite!), waiting for our rose petals to arrive, finalising the music (i have found the perfect song for when we sign the register- We are man and wife by Michelle Featherstone. And it was also played in the One Tree Hill Nathan + Hayley wedding episode- a plus since i love this show.) First dance is Songbird by Eva Cassidy, another one of my favourites. I absolutely adore Eva.) and gosh, everything else that i'm sure will pop up.

But wow, what an amazing season this is for me. I am relishing it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you. :) - jo

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home