Wednesday, September 26, 2007

changes


When i know that it's time for a new season, but i'm stuck in the current one because of circumstances, i find it hard to be patient. I get grumpy, upset, restless and a general sense of malaise comes upon me. I start to fight the situation i'm in. I start to feel just that bit hopeless because nothing seems to be changing; things are not happening as fast as i want or need them to. It's such a terrible feeling and all i want to do is move on, pack everything away and regain some peace and quiet. To spend the evening cooking to some of my favourite tunes without anyone turning the TV on and interrupting me; to dance with Jonathan in the kitchen as the sun sets- just the two of us in our home; to be able to leave my magazines lying around if i choose to...all these little things that are beginning to seem so far away now just as it's getting closer to being a reality. This is the paradox i live in now and i just can't understand it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dearest Gen, transitions are never easy I guess. It's during times when things are most uncertain or beyond our control that we feel like we want to take charge more than ever. And why not, we think, it's our lives after all. But you taught me that waiting when we should is always worth all the teeth-gritting and nail-biting in the end. The last leg of waiting always feels like the longest. Hang in there. My thoughts and love are always with you. - Jo

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home