Friday, November 17, 2006

It is you i have loved




I had forgotten the good bits about bus journeys. The 'not needing to concentrate'; the 'looking out the window to people-watch'. On my way home from the city, i dreamt while listening to some songs from my mp3 player- Edwin McCain, Shaun MacDonald. I dreamt of weddings and love and other equally beautiful things. How lovely it was, for a whole half hour, to be able to do nothing but dream. It put me in such a different mood than that which i've been in the entire week. I arrived home calm and with a desire to start putting things back in order. The way they were meant to be. Upon checking the mail, i found a birthday card from my dearest aunts, my first for this coming birthday. I wanted to cry. Because i am so incredibly loved. Right now, Jon is slaving away in his home making food (i have no idea what's on the menu) for my party tomorrow- the party which he planned. Somedays i can hardly get my mind around the fact that i have a boyfriend. That he loves me. I want to jump up and down and get some sparklers out. Or something equally exciting. But no.
Tonight, i want to rest in this love i find around me. I want to accept being loved and revel in the absolute joy that it brings.

1 Comments:

Blogger yuling said...

happy birthday gen! yes, i think you are indeed much loved! :)

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home