Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Steal my breath




My feet are sore from walking but the soreness reminds me that i have feet. I can walk. Although it's sunny, there is a slight chill in the air. The light quilt my auntie made me keeps me warm as i mark exam scripts. I am currently obsessed with bagels. Today, i had a poppyseed one with cream cheese and jam. I have discovered that i like to log in to bloglines when i am having breakfast as there is a certain joy in perusing blogs while sipping my coffee and for a minute or two, being privy to someone else's life. Someone else eating a bagel. Someone walking in autumn leaves. I love the bloggers i read. They inspire me and remind me to be spontaneous- like making a detour early on Saturday morning to go to the beach and let the sun warm my bones, my soul; the saltwater to heal my pain. Somedays, i want to reach through the computer screen and touch their knitted sweater. Somedays, i want to have a cup of coffee with them in New York. Just to say yes. yes, i understand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home